Author Topic: LAMZAP Adware/Malware What is this Demon?  (Read 5316 times)

July 29, 2016, 07:21:51 PM

Klard

LAMZAP Adware/Malware What is this Demon?
« on: July 29, 2016, 07:21:51 PM »
I have an Adware that I can't seem to remove.  It is LAMZAP.  It has installed two directories in my ProgramData folder that I can not delete.

Has anyone ever heard of this before?  Or, is it something new?

Reply #1July 29, 2016, 11:57:52 PM

Klard

Re: LAMZAP Adware/Malware What is this Demon?
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2016, 11:57:52 PM »
I have a "LAMZAP" adware, malware that I can't seem to shake.  I think it is a new type of Demonically Possessed computer disaster!

It writes two directories in the C"/ProgramData;  Lamzap & Lamzaps.  When an anti-virus program determines it is worth deleting somehow both directories are recreated within minutes.  FRST found it and back it came...

Reply #2August 01, 2016, 10:34:53 AM

Curson

• Global Moderator

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2016, 10:34:53 AM »
Hi Klard,

Please don't hijack other users threads.
Besides, since you are already following a malware removal process on What the Tech forum, I will ask you to continue there.

EDIT : Since this is a new infection, we would like to analyse the malware. Do you want to help us ?

Regards.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2016, 04:18:47 PM by Curson »

Reply #3August 02, 2016, 02:07:21 AM

Klard

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2016, 02:07:21 AM »
Sorry, didn't mean to violate standards of conduct.  What The Tech gave up.  I'd be happy to help you assimilate whatever information might be useful.

Reply #4August 02, 2016, 01:43:01 PM

Curson

• Global Moderator

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2016, 01:43:01 PM »
Hi Klard,

Thanks for your support.
I don't promise we will be able to remove the infection but by analyzing the files spawned on your system, RogueKiller might automatically remove the infection in the future.

Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (x64) and save it to your Desktop.
  • Right click to run as administrator (XP users click run after receipt of Windows Security Warning - Open File). When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
  • Press Scan button.
  • It will produce a log called FRST.txt in the same directory the tool is run from.
  • Please attach log back here.
  • The first time the tool is run it generates another log (Addition.txt - also located in the same directory as FRST.exe). Please also attach that along with the FRST.txt into your reply.
Regards.