Author Topic: roguekiller main window blocked  (Read 8201 times)

October 15, 2018, 04:29:55 PM

spasky

• View Profile
roguekiller main window blocked
« on: October 15, 2018, 04:29:55 PM »
Hello

I use Windows 10.

I have made my first scan (it took 21 hours, my computer being suddenly extremely slow two days ago). The scan seems to have been successful, detecting 105 problems, and inviting me to open the report.

But I cannot click on any button of the main roguekiller window, and cannot move the window (it was also the case during the scan). It is the only window on my screen that I cannot move or click.

At the beginning of the scan I had the possibility to click on the order "see detections", it opened a second window, which remained open but empty. I can move this window.

Can you please help me? Thanks.

Reply #1October 15, 2018, 09:21:07 PM

Curson

• Global Moderator

• View Profile
Re: roguekiller main window blocked
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2018, 09:21:07 PM »
Hi spasky,

Welcome to Adlice.com Forum.

21 hours for a scan is not normal.
Which version of Windows 10 are you running ? Could you please give RogueKiller V13 Beta a try ?

Regards.

Reply #2October 16, 2018, 02:52:56 AM

spasky

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2018, 02:52:56 AM »
Hi Curson,

Thank you very much for your answer.

I use Windows 10 Family version 1709; I think I missed only the last two major updates, in march and october 2018.

I have solved rather mysteriously the problem of the main window blockade by these actions: close the "empty window " (of detections) by clicking on the cross on it; close the main window by clicking on the task bar; open it again by clicking on the task bar. After this it was unblocked. But the first time I made this, I was notified that my version, the 12.13.4.0, was obsolete; I got the 12.13.5.0 and made the scan again, this time in only 4 hours; rather mysteriously my computer works better than one or two days ago. This new scan found 106 problems instead of 105.

So now I face a "classic" problem: choose the files to remove. I have one red, three grey, one orange which turned in green, and the rest in orange; they concern mostly users or minor softwares and not the system itself, so I am tempted to remove everything except the green.

What is the usage for the beginners: try to do oneself if it seems not too dangerous, or get advice to learn? Is it useful to open a topic, and where?

For the V13 Beta version I am about to inform me. What is the difference?

Thanks again for your welcome and answer.

Reply #3October 16, 2018, 07:02:45 PM

Curson

• Global Moderator

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2018, 07:02:45 PM »
Hi spasky,

Thanks for your feedback. This is a really strange behaviour.
If you are not sure about the detections, please attach RogueKiller scan report with your next reply. I will help you analyse it and answer any questions you may have.

For the current status of RogueKiller V13, please refer to : Introducing RogueKiller V13.

Regards.

Reply #4October 17, 2018, 08:50:25 PM

spasky

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2018, 08:50:25 PM »
Hi Curson,

I send you the text of the report, and, in three parts, the copy of the main window, where colours are indicated. On this window there is only 49 items instead of 106, why? Some are checked, I suppose they are the more important to remove.

Is it the solution to remove what is already checked? What is careful to maybe not remove? Thank you to have a look.

On my part I continue to examine this report. I make the scan with the Beta version maybe later?

Thanks for your help.

Reply #5October 18, 2018, 02:31:01 PM

Curson

• Global Moderator

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2018, 02:31:01 PM »
Hi spasky,

Usually, RogueKiller automatically selects malicious items for removal, but in your case, please select all but the least two detections (Firefox detections) for removal.

Regards.

Reply #6October 18, 2018, 08:22:47 PM

spasky

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2018, 08:22:47 PM »
Hi Curson

Do you refer (for remove) to the 106 files reported (except the two you mention) or the 49 that are presented with the colours?

In the first case, have I to suppress manually, or can I edit?

More generally I don't know how to edit a report already done, in a manner to check that I want to remove.

Thanks for your help.

Reply #7October 18, 2018, 08:36:15 PM

Curson

• Global Moderator

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2018, 08:36:15 PM »
Hi spasky,

I'm refering to the capture you included above.
You will need to redo a scan in order to remove the items detected. Please follow the following instructions : RogueKiller Official Tutorial.

Regards.