Author Topic: Rogue Killer Premium Stuck on 46%  (Read 8394 times)

November 20, 2015, 06:41:26 AM

bikerguy

• View Profile
Rogue Killer Premium Stuck on 46%
« on: November 20, 2015, 06:41:26 AM »
I'm not sure what happened. Possible virus...malware??

AdwCleaner (folder and all) completely disappeared from my computer after I tried to update it. After AdwCleaner disappeared, I ran Malwarebytes and it found nothing. I tried to run Rogue Killer and it immediately froze up or failed to initialize. I had to use task manager to force it close. 

I tried to go to Adlice.com, but none of my browsers wouldn't load it. So, I ran Rogue Killer again and it found some items and removed them and I was able to use the internet for maybe a day. After that it started with the "can't display page" and "timing out" again. I started

Rogue Killer for the 3rd time and it seemed to run ok until it reached 46% and then it became unresponsive. Had to force it closed again.

I have 3 web browsers and all 3 are displaying "can't display page" or "timing out". None of the other computers on my home network seem to be affected. My browsers are Internet
Explorer, Oprah and Firefox.

I tried to attach a Word .doc screen shot of Rogue Killer, but it won't let me load that type of file.

Thanks for the help.

Reply #1November 20, 2015, 02:05:11 PM

Curson

• Global Moderator

• View Profile
Re: Rogue Killer Premium Stuck on 46%
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2015, 02:05:11 PM »
Hi bikerguy

Please follow the following process.
  • Download Process Explorer and save it to your desktop.
  • Click on the setup file (procexp.exe) and select Run as Administrator to start the tool.
  • When Roguekiller hang, locate the process named RogueKiller.exe or RogueKillerX64.exe, right click select Create Dump > Create Full Dump...
  • Save the dump on your desktop and compress it.
  • Go to Adlice Software upload form, select the dumps as files to be uploaded and copy/paste a link to this thread in the "Comment" section.
Regards.

Reply #2November 21, 2015, 10:47:49 AM

bikerguy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2015, 10:47:49 AM »
Thank you for responding,

I have to apologize for my original post to this thread. I had to make several attempts to try and post the thread and didn't have the opportunity to proof read prior to the actual posting, resulting in broken paragraphs and "Oprah" instead of "Opera". Hopefully everyone will be jolly from the mis-fortunate error.

As for the issue I wrote about; I compressed the Rogue Killer file as instructed and uploaded it at the Adlice Software link you provided, however, I'm uncertain if the entire message was received as intended. The page uploaded the file, but a button to submit the comment form was missing, leaving me unsure if the files and information pertaining to the files will be reviewed.

Reply #3November 21, 2015, 06:57:38 PM

Curson

• Global Moderator

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2015, 06:57:38 PM »
Hi bikerguy,

I received the dump you uploaded. It will be analysed as soon as possible.
Thanks for your patience.

Regards.

Reply #4November 23, 2015, 01:06:50 PM

bikerguy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2015, 01:06:50 PM »
Waiting patiently  8)

Reply #5November 25, 2015, 12:21:37 AM

Curson

• Global Moderator

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2015, 12:21:37 AM »
Hi bikerguy,

The issue will be solved in RogueKiller next release. :)

Regards.