Author Topic: Help me understand? Antirootkit orange, no messages - VT.Unknown MBR code?  (Read 18729 times)

Reply #15August 21, 2015, 12:49:57 AM

David Cawley

• View Profile
I have a usb port replicator with 2 logitech things plugged in for a wireless keyboard/mouse and wireless headset.  I think they are both RF, not Bluetooth.
I have an HDMI monitor plugged in.
wireless turned off
hardwired network cable plugged in.

Also, when I look at 'playback devices' - all I see is my wireless headset, I cannot turn my speakers back on at this point, they seem to have disappeared.

Thought I'd just ramble some info at you.  Its an HP laptop from 2009.

I recently changed the CMOS battery because the system was resetting to 2008 on every 3rd or 4th reboot.

Like the above said 'orange' was just me reporting the color of the 'rootkit' messages section.  I saw elsewhere people discussing that being 'green' - and mine was not green, so I was scared.  I think that was just because I was running the 32 bit version.

Reply #16August 21, 2015, 12:33:20 PM

David Cawley

• View Profile
This morning, two BSOD: BUGCODE_USB_DRIVER... then my reboot failed, just sat on a black screen, tried again.... windows boot screen looked different, it had an old fashioned looking progress bar instead of a pulsing windows logo, then a MEMORY_MANAGER BSOD that blinked by before I could read anything else.

Rebooted again now... lets see if it lasts more than five minutes

Reply #17August 21, 2015, 12:34:30 PM

David Cawley

• View Profile
I reran Bluescreenview - and neither of today's BSOD show up.

Reply #18August 21, 2015, 03:27:37 PM

Curson

• Global Moderator

• View Profile
Hi David,

At this point, it's difficult to say if your issue is software or hardware related.
Anyway, I think a system reinstallation is necessary.

Regards.

Reply #19August 21, 2015, 06:57:55 PM

David Cawley

• View Profile
Thank you for all your help.

I have already purchased a replacement laptop, once I'm fully migrated over to that, I may upgrade this to windows 10, will that achieve the same as reinstall?

Reply #20August 24, 2015, 05:39:35 PM

Curson

• Global Moderator

• View Profile
Hi David,

An upgrade may not correct the issue right away. Maybe you will need to do a system reset or a full reinstall.
For more information, please read How to Clean Install Windows 10.

Regards.