Author Topic: Minor Issues  (Read 3472 times)

May 27, 2020, 06:57:17 PM

garioch7

• Personal Text
    Phil
    • View Profile
Minor Issues
« on: May 27, 2020, 06:57:17 PM »
I have just again updated RogueKiller Premium to the latest version using UCheck.  I have consistently noticed that even though I check off to launch RogueKiller after an update, it never launches automatically.  I have to manually launch it to confirm that the program has updated.

The second minor issue is that there is a pronounced lag between when I click on RogueKiller to launch it and when it finally appears on the screen after agreeing to the UAC prompt.  The time lag is 15 seconds on my computer.  I have attached my specs.  My desktop is reasonably high performance and nothing else is running (I don't multi-task much).  Perhaps a "Loading RogueKiller" message during the launch delay would be a nice addition to the program.

Have a great day.

Regards,
-Phil
Bleeping Computer Malware Response Instructor

Reply #1May 28, 2020, 08:48:42 AM

Tigzy

• Administrator

• Personal Text
    Owner, Adlice Software
    • View Profile
    • Adlice Software
Re: Minor Issues
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2020, 08:48:42 AM »
Hey,
Are you sure it's not in the tray notification ?  :)
RogueKiller is configured to be launched silently in the tray by its service.
If not, can you send me the service logs ? (Settings, Protection, "Export service logs")

This lag is normal for now (service synchronization), we are working on improving this with asynchronous UI.
Thanks,

Reply #2May 28, 2020, 07:44:20 PM

garioch7

• Personal Text
    Phil
    • View Profile
Re: Minor Issues
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2020, 07:44:20 PM »
Tigzy:

Thank you for the explanation of the slow launch.

RogueKiller does not appear anywhere on the Task Bar, but I have not checked "Show Hidden Icons" in the past, so it could have been hiding there.

I have uninstalled RogueKiller Premium from both of my computers, so I cannot provide any logs.

Have a great day.

Regards,
-Phil
Bleeping Computer Malware Response Instructor