Author Topic: Rougekiller Detections  (Read 5562 times)

July 30, 2014, 08:33:09 PM

mainer

Rougekiller Detections
« on: July 30, 2014, 08:33:09 PM »
I keep receiving malware detection's when running Rougekiller v 9.2.4.0 I am very dillingent about windows updates, and third party updates and always use chrome browser. Could someone check the detection logs 2 and tell me their opinion about the findings. I have Foolish IT Crypto Prevent V 6.1.5 installed and their web site says  "that your Anti-Virus or Anti-Malware software may see some of CryptoPrevent’s new modifications to Windows (in order to make this possible) as malicious!  This is a false positive, CryptoPrevent is not infected.  Some apps may instead report the settings as a problem of some type, but not necessarily a malicious infection."

What may be detected:

Specifically, these registry keys may be detected as ‘modified‘ or ‘hijacked‘ including the keys below, where the value data will point to the CryptoPreventFilterMod.exe file in your installation directory.

scrfile\shell\open\command
cplfile\shell\open\command
piffile\shell\open\command
If using the experimental EXE/COM filter, you can also expect to see these keys:

exefile\shell\open\command
comfile\shell\open\command
And any key above may also have “runas” where “open” is, and affected values may include “(Default)” and “IsolatedCommand”

If these fit the category of your anti-malware detection, then they are definitely CryptoPrevent’s settings, and it is safe to tell your anti-malware software to ignore them and/or whitelist them. Known products with issues:

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
Trojan Killer

Thank You.

Reply #1August 03, 2014, 01:10:33 PM

Tigzy

• Administrator

• Personal Text
    Owner, Adlice Software
    • View Profile
    • Adlice Software
Re: Rougekiller Detections
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2014, 01:10:33 PM »
Hello
Can you please attach RogueKiller report?

Reply #2August 03, 2014, 11:51:38 PM

mainer

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2014, 11:51:38 PM »
I just ran another Rougekiller scan and it comes up clean. The two reports I enclosed when I started this help request were all i had. I donated  $20.00 for your assistance. Thank You for your time and Rougekiller.

Reply #3August 04, 2014, 07:08:30 PM

mainer

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2014, 07:08:30 PM »
I apologize. I just now noticed I enclosed Tdskiller logs. Sorry for the screw up. The computer is still coming up clean when scanning with Rougekiller. I  apologize for wasting your time.   

Reply #4August 05, 2014, 08:28:24 AM

Tigzy

• Administrator

• Personal Text
    Owner, Adlice Software
    • View Profile
    • Adlice Software
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2014, 08:28:24 AM »
No problem, thanks for the support :)