Software feedback > MRF

Getting error on setup

(1/4) > >>

Asentrix:
I set up a free host at first to try this out on
I configured everything accordingly and followed the instructions etc

After I had set everything , I tried to navigate to the root / website url and I got the following error:

The *website URL* page isnít working
*website URL* is currently unable to handle this request.

I followed the installation guide , created my DB's etc and nothing seems to work

I then tried switching to a paid host and buying a domain , thinking maybe the free host had limitations
Much to my surprise , it started giving me the same error on my new host

What am I doing wrong??
I've sent an email to support too , hope you guys can help me out , thanks!

Curson:
Hi Asentrix,

Seems like a web server error to me.
Which server are you using ? Did you inspect the logfiles ?

Regards.

Asentrix:

--- Quote from: Curson on May 26, 2016, 11:43:42 pm ---Hi Asentrix,

Seems like a web server error to me.
Which server are you using ? Did you inspect the logfiles ?

Regards.

--- End quote ---

Hi curson , it's a missing comma in your code
 "web_base_url" => 'http://cuckoo.home:8080/', <- this is missing in the source which caused the issue

Also I couldn't seem to find any documentation on the cron job, do I set that up manually?
If so , what would the cron command be / frequency?

Just one more question , is it possible to link the file scans on my domain?
Eg. I upload a file , and it scans on virus total etc , but I want to link the scan report from the script?

Thanks!

EDIT

Sorry for adding this too , but I realised that normal users can edit links / comments too?
Is there any way to restrict normal users so they can only view links in hyperlink form and stop them from being able to edit comments?

Asentrix:
Also having issues with certain files
Big files don't seem to work , they generate a whie space with nothing in it
Then I receive this error

PHP Warning:  md5_file(): Filename cannot be empty in /home/website/public_html/src/functions.php line 423



The code on line 423


--- Code: ---// Modify generated filename
function OnGetFileName($generated_name, $file_path, $name){
return md5_file($file_path);
}

--- End code ---

Please help!

Curson:
Hi Asentrix,

--- Quote from: Asentrix ---Hi curson , it's a missing comma in your code
 "web_base_url" => 'http://cuckoo.home:8080/', <- this is missing in the source which caused the issue
--- End quote ---
Thanks for your feedback. We will fix this ASAP.


--- Quote from: Asentrix ---Also I couldn't seem to find any documentation on the cron job, do I set that up manually?
If so , what would the cron command be / frequency?
--- End quote ---
No, you don't have to. If a cron job is not planned, VT and Cuckoo scans will take place when grabbing the displayed samples.
I will make sure to improve documentation on this matter.


--- Quote from: Asentrix ---Just one more question , is it possible to link the file scans on my domain?
Eg. I upload a file , and it scans on virus total etc , but I want to link the scan report from the script?
--- End quote ---
This feature is not available but I think you could acheive this using the numerous features of the VirusTotal API.


--- Quote from: Asentrix ---Sorry for adding this too , but I realised that normal users can edit links / comments too?
Is there any way to restrict normal users so they can only view links in hyperlink form and stop them from being able to edit comments?
--- End quote ---
You will need to tweak the page using some code and UserCake's Permission Group Management Pages.


--- Quote from: Asentrix ---Also having issues with certain files
Big files don't seem to work , they generate a whie space with nothing in it
Then I receive this error
PHP Warning:  md5_file(): Filename cannot be empty in /home/website/public_html/src/functions.php line 423
--- End quote ---
What do you mean by "big" ?
It seems that $file_path is empty when processing function OnGetFileName($generated_name, $file_path, $name). I don't have time to test for now but at first sight, the culprit seems to be function get_upload_path($file_name) on src/uploader.php.

--- Code: ---$file_path = $this->get_upload_path($file_name);
--- End code ---
You will be able to check by putting a breakpoint on this line and checking the content of $file_path.

Would you mind open a new bug report documenting your finding on the MRF GitGub repository ?

Regards.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version