General Category > Malware removal help

Infected with very advanced, persistent rootkit(s) and likely other malware

(1/3) > >>

Hostn4me:
Hello everyone,

I just tried to post a thread in the Malware Removal section asking for help analyzing logs which contain quite a bit of unknown malware/rootkit(s). I typed up my post (luckily I saved it before trying to post), attached my logs, and after I clicked "Post" I was simply redirected back to the "Start new topic" page and there was no error/informational message explaining why this occurred. I then checked the Malware Removal section and my thread was/is no where to be found. Does it have to first go through an approval process before it is officially posted? I would think if so it would have told me so after I submitted it, but I'm not sure.

If anyone could please kindly advise me on what I should do, I would very much appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.

Curson:
Hi Hostn4me,

It was likely an error, there is no vetting process to post in this section of the forum.
In order to save time, I manually moved your thread to the Malware Removal section.

Feel free to directly explain your issue here an attach your logs.

Regards.

Hostn4me:
Hello Curson,

Thank you very much. I will go ahead and update this thread momentarily. However, before I do so I'm going to send you a PM with a quick question if you don't mind.

Thanks again.

Curson:
Hi Hostn4me,

You are very welcome.
That's fine, please go ahead.

Regards.

Hostn4me:
Sure thing. Please bear with me while I add some new information to the post I originally wrote as I would like to be as detailed as possible.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version