General Category > Malware removal help

error 5 help?

<< < (2/4) > >>

Cybrdeth:
Ok so it worked in safe mode i'm not sure if it has the same effect but here are the logs.

Curson:
Hi Cybrdeth,

The infection is still here.
Could you please generate a fresh FRST log and attach it with your next reply ?

Regards.

Cybrdeth:
No problem here it is, thank you for the help. Also I don't know if this is relevant but whenever I try to open the folder that Windows Process Manager is in it say access is denied, I always can't change the owner of the folder as well.

Curson:
Hi Cybrdeth,

Yes, access to the folder is denied because a rootkit is present.
That's also the reason why FRST was unable to remove the infection.

We need to use Windows Recovery Environment to get rid of it
[*]On a clean machine, please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to a flash drive. Do the same with the attached fixlist.txt file.
NOTICE: This script was written specifically for this user, for use on that particular machine. Running this on another machine may cause damage to the operating system

Note: You need to download the version compatible with your machine i.e. 32-bit or 64-bit.

Plug the flashdrive into the infected PC.

[*]Enter System Recovery Environment Command Prompt:

Instructions for Windows 10
Instructions for Windows 8
Instructions for Windows 7

[*]Once in the Command Prompt:

Run FRST/FRST64 located on your flashdrive and press the Fix button just once and wait.
The tool will generate a log on the flashdrive (Fixlog.txt) please post it with your reply.
[/list]

Regards.

Cybrdeth:
I'm having trouble getting into advanced startup options, I followed the steps mentioned in the website you linked but it didn't work. When I click restart it just restarts normally it doesn't take me to advanced startup options. I then Google'd some more methods such as shift while pressing restart, or pressing shift + F8 but neither of them work. Am I just going to have to nuke my entire pc?

Also everytime i restart I get "scanning and repairing drive" followed by the name of a folder, I attached a picture below

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version